One of the most surprising lessons I’ve learned about productivity:
The things that really move the needle are so simple, most people don’t even do them.
- “This is obvious”
- “This is easy”
- “I’ve heard this a thousand times”
- “This couldn’t possibly make a difference”
So we don’t even bother with extremely basic things like:
- Eating a healthy diet
- Setting daily priorities
- Keeping our inbox clear
- Setting calendar reminders
- Blocking off time for key tasks
- Getting 8 hours of sleep a night
- Setting time limits on social media apps
It’s easy to think a sexy productivity app or online program will solve your problems.
But the truth is that amazing things start to happen when you just take care of the fundamentals.
You don’t need another shiny object.
You just need to nail the basics.